Gan Ami Summer Program 2023 – Key Facts and Important Details
We are happily planning for a fun summer full of water, bubbles and so much more! The following are some of the activities that our Summer Program will include. We have designed days filled with safe, enjoyable, age-appropriate experiences for young children.
Music with Miss Gina:
For those of you who have been here before, you know Miss Gina is a beloved children’s music specialist. She lets us play with props as we learn patterns and practice rhyming and rhythms. Each class will meet with her weekly.
Shabbat Sing with Cantor Larry:
Cantor Larry will lead Gan Ami in a roaring celebration of Shabbat each Friday morning.
Children will play in sprinklers and explore sinking, floating, pouring, and splashing in wading pools!
Beth Ami Track:
Riding Toys will challenge our leg muscles! We will use a portion of the front parking lot that will be coned off to create a secure area.
And that’s only a taste! Our expert staff is preparing 6 weeks full of summer joy!
Week 1: June 20-23, Fun in the Sun (Closed 6/19)
Week 2: June 26- June 30, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Week 3: July 5-7, The Colors of the Rainbow (Closed 7/3, 7/4)
Week 4: July 10-14, Old MacDonald Had a Farm
Week 5: July 17-21, Play Ball!
Week 6: July 24-28, Buzzing in the Garden
Gan Ami Summer Program Hours
Bets (age 2): Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Gimels (age 3) and Dalets (age 4): Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM – 1:00 PM
Aftercare for Gimels (age 3) and Dalets (age 4): Monday – Friday, 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM (Priority given to Kayitz siblings)
We will run a carpool in the morning from 9:20-9:40. Parents will enter the building to pick up children in the afternoon. All our policies regarding COVID, health forms, photography, etc. can be found in our Parent Handbook. Temple Beth Ami is “mask optional,” so if your child wears a mask, you must send an email to EKatz@BethAmi.org stating your expectations.
Here Is What You Need To Do
Please submit all the required paperwork. Hopefully you have already done that, but if not, please do so as soon as possible. All forms and details can be found here.
Here is what you need to prepare:
- Labels: ALL items coming to Gan Ami must be clearly marked with your child’s name. Even the socks!
- Sunscreen: Please apply sunscreen before your camper arrives at Gan Ami each morning.
- Backpack: You child will carry a backpack into camp each morning. It should be big enough to carry their towel, change of clothes, extra clothes, and lunch (for Gimels and Dalets). It should be small enough for your child to carry independently!
- Bathing suit: Your child should wear a bathing suit to camp every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings (only Tuesdays and Wednesdays for Bets). If possible, girls should wear 2-piece suits, as it makes toileting and changing much easier.
- Large Plastic Ziploc-type Bag: Each day, please place a bag in the backpack which will be used to send home wet clothing.
- Change of clothes: Pack a change of clothes for after water play every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday – shirt, shorts, underwear, socks etc. LABEL, LABEL, LABEL EVERYTHING!
- Extra change of clothes: An additional, extra set of clothes, including socks and shoes, should remain in your camper’s backpack throughout the summer weeks. Extra clothes must be labeled and placed in a Ziploc bag with their name on the outside.
- Summer Spirit Wear: Each child will receive a Gan Ami Summer shirt during our Meet and Greets. We ask that children wear their shirts each Thursday, as will our staff. Children can of course wear the shirts more often if they prefer. Children can also optionally wear blue and white every Friday to celebrate Shabbat.
- Shoes: Gimels and Dalets should wear water shoes to camp on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings, and pack sneakers with their change of clothes for the day. Bets should wear sneakers and pack water shoes on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sneakers must be worn for all other times other than water play. Sandals, Crocs, nor any other form of footwear is allowed.
- Towel: Your child will bring a clean beach towel each Monday (or Tuesday, for Bets) which will be kept at Gan Ami for water play and sent home each Wednesday. LABEL IT!
- Snacks and Water: Snacks and water will be provided for campers each day. Please send a water bottle (labeled with their name), if possible. There will always be water available if your child does not bring one. All snacks will be nut free and may include pretzels, crackers, popcorn, and fruit, among other things.
- Lunch: Gimels and Dalets (not Bets) eat lunch each day at camp. Lunch is provided by parents and will be refrigerated. Lunch boxes, bento boxes, or paper bags are acceptable. Our food policy prohibits any foods containing peanuts, tree nuts, pork, or shellfish.
- Bike Helmet: Since we will be using riding toys outside, every child (Gimels and Dalets) will be required to wear a helmet. Please send a helmet that can be left on site. If this is not possible, please contact us to find an option.
Meet and Greet
Friday, June 16, 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Please gather on the playground and you will be called in small groups to meet your child’s teachers and assistants. This is a great opportunity to see the room and pick up a special treat! Please see below for the specific time of your child’s open house:
Bets (2’s): 9:30 – 10:30 AM
Gimels (3’s): 10:30 – 11:30 AM
Dalets (4’s): 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
As always, please let us know if you have any questions. We are looking forward to a fantastic summer!
Contact the Gan Ami Summer Program Team with Questions
Coordinator, Gan Ami Summer Program
Director, Early Childhood at Temple Beth Ami
Administrative Manager, Early Childhood at Temple Beth Ami