As part of our commitment to inclusion, Temple Beth Ami never wants financial hardship to prevent anyone from fully participating in congregational life. There are two ways that we can assist families with demonstrated financial needs.
Our Clergy Discretionary Funds can be used to assist members in crisis. This can include but is not limited to help with making a mortgage or rent payment, paying utility or medical bills, or other unaffordable household expenses that threaten a member’s health and welfare. Please contact Rabbi Pokras or Rabbi Weiss directly if your family is in crisis.
Financial Assistance for TBA Membership Expenses
Each year, TBA’s Board of Directors allocates funds to provide financial assistance for families who are unable to fully contribute their membership expenses due to a demonstrated financial need. The Temple’s Financial Aid Committee manages a discrete and dignified process each year to assist families.
Financial Aid applications can be submitted anytime. Please note:
- All congregants requesting financial aid are required to fill out the financial aid request form each year.
- You must fill out the financial aid form below and email it to FinAid@bethami.org.
- If applicable, your child(ren) must be enrolled in Gan Ami and/or Machane TBA before submitting the financial aid form.
- Distribution of financial aid will stop once funds allocated in the annual budget have been exhausted; therefore, it is important that you submit your application as soon as possible. Please assume there are remaining funds available for qualifying families unless otherwise stated on this page.
- Your name and other personal identifying information will be removed before the Financial Aid Committee reviews your application to ensure your anonymity.
- The entire request form must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
- Please consider your actual financial need when making your request to ensure that we are able to adequately meet the needs of congregants who demonstrate a financial need for assistance.
All correspondence, questions, and your financial aid request form should be sent to FinAid@bethami.org.
Burt Feldman, Financial Secretary
Andra Abramson, Member, Financial Secretaries Committee