Tips for Using Zoom
Download and install the Zoom App on your computer, tablet, or phone prior to joining a meeting
1. Go to zoom.us
2. Click on “Sign Up – It’s Free” at the upper right
3. Follow the instructions
Note: if you click on a link to join a Zoom, and do not have Zoom installed, you will be automatically prompted to download the app before you can join the call.
- Join a Zoom Program from a Computer/Tablet (Video)
A few minutes before your Zoom program is scheduled to begin, click on the Zoom link provided.
- Join a Zoom Call from a Phone (Audio)
1. Dial the number provided and follow the verbal instructions.
2. Enter the meeting ID you wish to join followed by the # key.
3. You will be asked to enter your participant ID. If you do not know your participant ID, simply press the # key.
Tips for Participating
There is a menu of options at the bottom of your screen (if you don’t see the menu, just move your cursor to or tap the bottom of your screen, and it will pop up):
• “Mute” – Unless you are the meeting organizer, please mute your microphone; this is especially important when there are multiple participants. You can unmute when called on to make a comment. If you have dialed in from a phone for audio participation, please mute your phone microphone.
• “Stop Video” – This option turns off your webcam. You can still see others, but they cannot see you.
• “Chat” – This opens a panel where you can type a question or make a comment. Within the panel, you will have options for chatting with everyone or selecting a specific participant.
• “Leave Meeting” – When the meeting ends (or when you need to go), click here or simply close the app.