TEMPLE BETH AMI
GUIDELINES FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS
Please submit signed waiver (below) with proof of insurance
3 weeks before prior to photo session
Welcome to Temple Beth Ami. We are pleased that you will be coming to our Temple to photograph members of our congregation for their upcoming simcha. Please be respectful of the following policies:
- You have been assigned a 45 minute time slot for photographs in the Sanctuary. You may start setting up your equipment in the Sanctuary 15 minutes before your allotted time, and you have 15 minutes after your time to break down your equipment; please enter the Sanctuary only at that time and be prepared to leave on time. We ask that you be respectful of the time for the next family or other use of the facility; we may have to terminate your photographic session because of time constraints.
- Please bring your own accessories, such as a stepladder, etc. We do not have equipment available for your use.
- When using the sanctuary:
You must use the “faux” Torah provided on the center lectern for all pictures
You may not open the doors or the curtain of the ark
YOU MAY NOT REMOVE MICROPHONES OR ANY MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT FROM THE BIMAH. The microphones will be removed from the lectern for your photographs; you may not move any of the bima furniture. If you need something removed, contact the front office and a custodian will be called. This is in response to the continuing damage of our equipment. An Equipment Repair Fund fee will be charged to anyone who does not follow this policy. Thank you.
- Please respect our “faux” Torah. It contains parchment sections taken from a real Torah, and should be treated with the same respect. The Torah may be touched with the “yad” (attached pointer) only, not with one’s hands.
- Please do not stand on the pews
- The Sanctuary lobby is available for additional photos; not to exceed 30 minutes. The congregant must arrange this in advance with the Rabbis’ Administrative Assistant. If you require any other venue for your photographs, including outside of the building, the congregant must also arrange this in advance with the Temple Administrator, usually on a rental basis. We cannot provide last minute accommodations.
- We are a secure building; all doors are kept locked at all times. Doors may not be propped open at any time.
- Please return the attached waiver, along with a copy of your insurance policy, at least three weeks prior to arriving for the photo session.
- We reserve the right to terminate any photographic session if Temple Beth Ami guidelines are not followed.