Appointments Tutoring, Clergy, Bima Rehearsals, and Photography
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL STUDENTS MUST BE ENROLLED IN AND ATTENDING MACHANE TBA AND
ALL ACCOUNTS MUST BE CURRENT, OR ARRANGEMENTS MADE WITH THE FINANCIAL SECRETARY,
IN ORDER TO BEGIN THE BAR/BAT MITZVAH PROCESS.
Each student is allotted 14 one half hour tutoring lessons. Please note, if the student needs to cancel a scheduled session, 24 hours notice will be required. If proper notice is not given, the missed session will be counted against the student’s 14 total allotted sessions. If the student requires additional tutoring after 14 lessons, it will be at the student’s family’s expense and the tutor’s availability.
- One half hour appointment with the Cantor, approximately halfway through the tutoring process to review tutoring progress.
- One half-hour appointments with the Rabbi to prepare the Torah/Haftarah speech
- One half-hour appointment with the Rabbi to review the Pirkei Avot/ personal speech
- A one hour family meeting with either of the Rabbis to
- Review the order of the service and family members’ participation
- Select the items to be included in the congregational service supplement
- Assign honors to members of extended family
- Please bring with you and give to the Rabbi with whom you are meeting:
-A copy of your child’s selection from Pirke Avot
-Parsha, chapter, verse and page numbers from the Plaut Torah of your child’s Torah and Haftarah portions
-A list of the readings you have selected to be included in the service supplement
-The Hebrew names of those individuals who will be called to the Torah, including the Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
Hebrew Name ben (male)/bat (female) Father’s Hebrew Name v’ Mother’s Hebrew Name
Three forty five minute rehearsals on the Bima, one with each of the three clergy.
Each student will:
- Chant his/her Torah portion from the Sefer Torah
- Chant his/her Haftarah portion
- Deliver all prepared speeches.
One parent should attend these rehearsals.