Bar/Bat Mitzvah Covenants
Becoming a Bar or Bat Mitzvah at Temple Beth Ami is an exciting opportunity for the entire family to become involved in Jewish education and in the communal and spiritual life of the congregation.
The process of becoming a Bar or Bat Mitzvah includes obligations for both the Bar/Bat Mitzvah and the family. Each family is required to read and accept the following covenants:
– I understand that I/my child must be enrolled in and attending Machane TBA through the completion of eighth grade, regardless of when I/my child becomes a Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
– I/we have read the Bar/Bat Mitzvah Guide, found on the Temple’s website, and understand Temple Beth Ami’s policies on Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
-I/we understand that each service will be led by at least one rabbi and either the cantor or cantorial soloist. B’nai Mitzvah dates are randomly assigned to our clergy; they cannot honor personal requests.
– I/we have attended at least one service at Temple Beth Ami that includes a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, so that I/we can make an informed request for preference of Bar/Bat Mitzvah service (Morning/Afternoon)
- I/we understand my parental obligations to:
- Attend all mandatory meetings with the Rabbis, Cantor, etc.
- Keep and be on time for all appointments, or call in advance to reschedule
- Usher at 2-3 services prior to my/our child’s Bar/Bat Mitzvah. If I/we can’t usher on the dates assigned, I/we understand it is my/our responsibility to arrange to switch with another family and let the Temple office know of the change.
– I/we understand the need to encourage my/our child by setting a positive example, emphasizing the importance of becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah, continuing his/her Jewish education, and participating in our Jewish community.
– I/we understand that I/we must remain current in our financial obligations in order for my/our child to receive a date, enter the Bar/Bat Mitzvah process, and celebrate becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah at the Temple. If you need assistance, please contact the FinAid Committee. The bar/Bat Mitzvah fee is billed in the year following the date assignment.
By completing the scheduling form, you are accepting these covenants and understand that failure to meet these obligations may result in a forfeiture of your child’s date. We will not be able to assign a date if this covenant is not signed, by both parent(s) and child, and returned with the scheduling form by the date below.
Signature of Student: ________________________________
Signature of Parent(s): _______________________________
Please Print Family Name: ______________________________
THIS FORM AND THE SCHEDULING FORM
MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE TEMPLE OFFICE,
ATTN: DIANE FERRARO