Class Placement Policy
The Director and the Kesher Team guide the class placement process which occurs from late spring through July. Teachers who are most familiar with the children’s strengths, goals, learning styles, communication and friendship patterns consider the best placement for each child. Teachers’ knowledge of child development, their affection for each child, and their passion for each child’s success are paramount in the decision-making.
The TBANS Staff will…
- Place each child in a nurturing and supportive classroom environment that will optimally support their growth and development.
- Place each returning student with familiar peers from the three current same-age classes whom will best support their learning.
- Insure that each child has the opportunity to develop new relationships in their next class; returning students will also maintain relationships with all the children in their current class through regularly scheduled cross class and all class programming.
- Create and reevaluate class lists repeatedly for months prior to distribution to be sure each group is best suited to create a positive classroom community the following year.
- Send class lists home in early August.
Parents may email information to the Director that they believe will help facilitate the best placement for their child. Helpful information includes parents’ reflection on their child’s learning and play styles, responses to varying teaching styles, and especially their hopes and dreams for their child’s next educational year. While we welcome parents’ input, teacher requests are not appropriate, as all our teachers are stellar educators, eager to support each child’s development.